Talk:Pine Crest School
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Top 10 says who? That's what I would like to know!!! I vote to remove that unless someone can supply a source.
- In that case why does Farris Hassan have his own article? Also, while the editors who put the information in the article (and return it after you deleted it several times) may be wrong, so is the way you are going about trying to have it removed. Please review Wikipedia:Civility and refrain from name calling. Thanks. CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 01:04, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
- I personally think he is notable, but also more of a fad. His article should link to Pine Crest, but I'm not sure Pine Crest should link to him. Kushboy 01:12, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
- I think it's good like it is, or might even need more explanation. Right now Farris Hassan is probably the most famous student the school has ever had. His fame is directly linked to his classes at Pine Crest and the only reason people are even looking at this page is because of him. -- JJay 02:26, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
I have questions about these entries:
- Kelsey Grammer, of the show Cheers and Frasier, speaker
- the Charles Kelman family (Inventor of cataract surgery)
- Benjamin Frost, whose Great Uncle is Poet Robert Frost
- the Henry family (Owner of Boston Red Sox , John Henry)
What does the "speaker" at the end of Grammer's entry mean? Was he a graduation speaker as well as alumni? Is Benjamin Frost notable is his own right? Are the families of Kelman and Henry notable? The children of notable people are not automatically notable themselves. -Will Beback 20:40, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
This section doesn't make any sense. Am I an idiot for not knowing what LD and interp are?
188.8.131.52 05:36, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- No, you're not an idiot. In this sense "forensics" means "the art or study of argumentative discourse", in other words "debating." LD means a "Lincoln-Douglas" style of debate and "interp" means "interpretive." Lawyer2b 03:22, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
Removed "Student Comments" section
This material was removed from the page. This kind of POV material needs to have reliable sources quoted before it can be included in Wikipedia.
Pine Crest upper school students have some complaints about their school. They feel it is very bureaucratic. The censorship the students feel is overwhelmingly suffocating. Furthermore, students hate college counseling--especially the seniors-- because they make them turn in college stuff two months in advance and give them crazy deadlines. College Counselors (aka CoCo's) make the students feel like they aren't getting into college because they don't have a 4.90 with 1590 SAT scores. Although, let me take the time to shout out the Lisa Miller in the front desk whom I love (bffs 4 life). More to come.
- No more comments about the school please - we're just here to discuss the article. -Will Beback · † · 02:49, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
- you overprivelidged idiots. You have your whole lives handed to you on a silver platter, and you can't get paperwork in early? It's kids like you that make PC grads look like toolbags, and this is coming from another PC grad. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:53, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
I personally think Paris Hilton is an intelligent hard working person, but i was unaware that she attended Pine Crest. I think someone needs to double check there sources. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 06:01, 14 January 2007 (UTC).
Can People PLEASE COMPARE Pinecrest with St. Andrews and NorthBroward...please!
I'll check this page often soo...please and thank you
18.104.22.168 21:23, 3 March 2007 (UTC)Chewka