National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
|Chairman||Prof. Karunesh Kumar Shukla|
|Campus||Urban, 325 acres (132 ha)|
The National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (NIT Jamshedpur), is an Institute of National Importance located at Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established as a Regional Institute of Technology on 15 August 1960, it was upgraded to National Institute of Technology(NIT) on 27 December 2002 with the status of a Deemed University. It is one of the 32 NITs in India, and as such is directly under the control of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). It is the third in the chain of 8 NITs established as a part of the Second Five Year Plan (1956–61) by the Government of India.
National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur was founded as the Regional Institute of Technology in 1960 by Dr. Srikrishna Sinha, the then Chief Minister of the state of Bihar (unpartitioned). The date of 15 August, Independence Day in India, was chosen for the laying of the foundation stone. It was among the first eight Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) established as part of the Second Five-Year Plan (1956–1961). It now serves as the NIT for the newly carved state of Jharkhand, while NIT Patna serves as the NIT for the state of Bihar.
Academics and admission
|Engineering – India|
There are two annual festivals:
- Ojass, a techno-management festival of the college to showcase the technical and managerial skill of the students.
- Culfest, a cultural festival.
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- "About us". NIT Jamshedpur. Archived from the original on 13 July 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "OJASS 13". NITJSR. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "CULFEST'17". NITJSR. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "World's Fastest 7 Summiteer". Retrieved 17 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur.|